Welcome to our Electrolysis page. We hope you find the information informative and helpful.
Unwanted hair growth can be hereditary or due to hormone levels. Other factors may also stimulate hair growth, like some drugs but also illnesses as well as other methods of hair removal. Excess facial hair is relatively common and affects around 1 in 10 women. It can be embarrassing and distressing to live with, affecting self confidence, self esteem, relationships, social and professional life at times
At ‘all about you’ everyone is welcome and treated with kindness, care, respect and professionalism. Please be assured all therapists are highly trained and will provide a thorough consultation and patch test for you.
What is Electrolysis ?
Electrolysis uses a diathermy current to cauterize and permanently destroy the hair follicle at its root. Many new treatments for hair reduction or non-permanent hair removal have emerged over the years, Electrolysis has remained the only proven permanent method, that provides complete removal of unwanted hair. It is suitable for all areas of the face and body. Each hair is treated individually regardless of it’s thickness or colour. Large areas of dark unwanted hair may be more suitably treated with Laser/IPL (Intense pulsed light). During your hair removal consultation all options will be discussed with you to ascertain which method would be most suitable.
Prices start from £18.00 for 10 mins
A complementary consultation and patch test are required prior to your first full treatment.
Book a complimentary consultation online or by calling 01689 8619.
The number of treatments required will vary from person to person, there is no estimation given. Attending regularly will help the process be successful.
Common areas to be treated include all facial areas, chest, nipple, underarm, back, abdomen and bikini line, fingers and toes.
- Redness, swelling and sensitivity of the skin in the area which has been treated up to 48 hours*
- The treated area and surrounding skin may feel hot for up to 48 hours*
- Pin dot crusting or small scabs may appear within the treated area
- The skin may itch as the healing process takes place
- Sterex Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera gel should be applied liberally using clean, damp cotton wool immediately after Electrolysis to soothe, calm redness and prevent infection. Continue applying Aloe Vera gel for the next 21 days.
- To prevent irritation and the spread of infection, do not pick spots or small blood scabs which may appear a couple of days after treatment and depending on the skin, may take between 7–21 days to heal. Fine blood scabs are a normal post reaction response to the treatment, especially in the initial stages of having Electrolysis. The fine blood scabs develop by the dry cauterized blood in the base of the follicle rising up through the follicle. Do not pick the area at all.
- For clients who have long hair, to reduce the risk of infected follicles, keep hair tied back off the face.
Avoid: Touching the treated area and do not pick any scabs that may form
Avoid: Self tans or fake tans as these can cause irritation to the skin, also avoid perfumes, and perfumed body lotions
Avoid: Direct sunlight, or sun bed treatment. If you must go out in the sun, use a high protection factor sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to avoid hyper pigmentation, especially on yellow based, Black and Asian skin types. Re apply in the middle of the day. UVA and UVB can cause pigmentation marks to appear on the treated area and wearing our SPF 30 will help to reduce this quicker, developing an even skin tone faster.
Avoid: Saunas, solaria, sun beds, jacuzzis and steam treatments as these can also cause pigmentation to develop
Avoid: Hot baths, showers
Avoid: Applying make-up to the treated area.
Avoid: Applying soap or perfumed products to the treated area
Avoid: Activities for 48 hours that stimulate blood flow following treatment
Avoid: Wearing tight or restricted clothing over treated body areas
Use of Cleansing
- ∙ When washing or cleansing use gentle un perfumed cream cleanser or facial wash, never use soap on the treated area as this will further dry the skin. Gently pat the area dry to avoid dislodging any fine scabs or crusts
∙ If you would like to bleach the downy hair growth between treatments, do not apply bleach for at least 48 hours after Electrolysis.
∙ Do not pluck, tweeze, thread or remove hair with wax or depilatory cream remover between Electrolysis treatments, as this will interrupt the hair growth cycle. It is safer to simply trim any noticeable unwanted hair with scissors
∙ Follow your Electrologist’s recommendations for your treatment plan and aftercare
∙ Use a high protection factor sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to avoid hyper pigmentation, especially on yellow based, Black and Asian skin types. Re apply in the middle of the day. UVA and UVB can cause pigment marks to appear on the treated area and wearing our SPF 30 will help to reduce this quicker, developing an even skin tone faster.
∙ Tell your Electrologist about any unusual reactions immediately in order that she may modify your treatment accordingly
POST TREATMENT SKINCARE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT, WE WILL GIVE YOU A HOMECARE LEAFLET, FOLLOWING ADVISE IS IMPORTANT TO HELP ACHIEVE POSITIVE RESULTS
* NB: For most people, after-effects of the treatment normally clear within 48 hours. However, everyone is different, so please do not be alarmed if it takes a bit longer. If in doubt, please contact us.
What Our Clients Say
Fabulous 1st visit. Very professional, pleased to have everything explained to me and a test area of Electrolysis carried out. Looking forward to returning to start my treatment. Thank you
Always a friendly and welcoming experience provided by thoroughly professional staff. Thank you.